logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POIs without POI-search

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Fri Jun 5 17:19:07 BST 2015

I've been able to find out which POIs on my Oregon 450 and 600 are searchable
and which are not using the following method:

1) Create a 'fictitious' mp file with POIs ranging from say 2a00 to 7F00 and
an another one from 11500 to 14400
2) Use the type number as labels

3) Have the coordinates fairly close together so it can be scanned easily in
Basecamp etc as well.

4) use mkgmap to parse the files and dump on device.

You will notice the search differences between your device and say Basecamp
You will also discover  new search categories, ie Book Store.
You also discover which types as yet not used by Garmin