logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] process-exits and Oregon 600

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jun 4 10:57:10 BST 2015

Hi Micha,

okay, same effect: no 0x09 type for the motorway_link.
My understanding is that the types 0x08 and 0x09 are special
as they tell Garmin to use the name of the next road which doesn't
have 0x08 or 0x09 as the hint.

So, you need a part of the link that is 0x08/0x09 and
the hint on the next part of the link which is NOT 0x08/0x09.

That's what the default style does. OK?

Gerd

Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 11:51:26 +0200
From: micha.lohr at web.de
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] process-exits and Oregon 600

    Hi Gerd,

      in 3602 (which i used) these
        are lines 118/119.

        I meant changing

            highway=motorway_link [0x09
              road_class=3 road_speed=2 resolution 20]

    highway=motorway_link { name 'generic_exit' } [0x02 road_class=3
    road_speed=2 resolution 20]

    Micha

    Am 04.06.2015 um 11:47 schrieb Gerd
      Petermann:

      Hi Micha,

        lines 119 and 120  in lines (r3605) are:

        highway=motorway_link & (mkgmap:exit_hint=true |
        mkgmap:dest_hint=true) [0x06 road_class=3 road_speed=2
        resolution 20]

        highway=motorway_link [0x09 road_class=3 road_speed=2 resolution
        20]

        If you change line 119 as suggested the rule in line 120

        is never triggered, therefore you will not have a type 0x09 for
        the

        motorway_link.

        Gerd