logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] process-exits and Oregon 600

From michael lohr micha.lohr at web.de on Thu Jun 4 08:20:23 BST 2015

Hi Gerd,
my style did (in this order)assign hints to exits, and at the very end,
assign generic names to all "leftover" unnamed roads. This produced
exits in 3 segments named "GENERIC_NAME", "EXIT_HINT", "GENERIC_NAME"-
so mkgmapworked just as expected. But: the Oregon now shows
"GENERIC_NAME" during routing, not "EXIT_HINT". After removing the
generic names from the 1st and the 3rd segment, everything workes fine.

So I draw two conclusions from this:

Either: mkgmap simly assigns the exit hints to all 3 segments (do we
need 3 segments at all, then?), though I don't know what else might be
influenced by this

Or: documentation needs to be updated concerning the exit_hints

Micha