logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Duplicate cities

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 22 08:34:04 BST 2015

Hi Colin,

it turned out that your concerns were okay,
the differences in the UK are much higher,
so I've implemented a new option wanted-admin-level.

See also post for splitter 423.

Gerd

From: gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 18:56:46 +0200
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Duplicate cities

Hi Colin,

It would not be complicated to implement, but I fear the documentation.
Today I've tested with Brazil, once with levels 4-11, once with 5-11.
Size difference was only 10MB (sum for all 27 tiles),
so I don't expect a big change in the UK
when you would use e.g. 6-11.

I'll think about a good option name and docu for it,
if I find one I'll add it.
Suggestions are wellcome.

Gerd