logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v2] use role=label member to place POI

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu May 21 14:19:42 BST 2015

Hi Anor,

I've tested this relation. It seems to work fine with the v2 of the patch.
You should see a message like this:
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.POIGeneratorHook  e:\testdata\rel4681234.osm: using label node as location for POI for rel 4681234 Progresso at -26.972253/-49.075171

Gerd

From: anorcarlos at hotmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 09:35:14 -0300
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [Patch v2] use role=label member to place POI

Hi Gerd

 The error did not yield but following the example this relationship  http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4681234#map=15/-26.9736/-49.0721

 doubles this point.

    []
Anor

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anor C. A. de Souza                                                              Concórdia SC

From: gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 09:30:47 +0200

Hi all,

sorry, v1 was missing a check for null , attached is v2, the binary is here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/269/mkgmap.jar

To ease testing I've added a log message with error level ,e.g.

...  using label node as location for POI for rel 334443 Goiás at -15.933471/-50.140561

it will also complain loudly when the node is not used because the names don't match:
... rel http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/331515 ,node with role label is ignored because it has a different name

Please suggest better text for the messages.
These messages show were the patch changes something, it will be
changed to debug/warn level before committing the patch.

If I got that right, Marcio and Anor propose to always use the label node
to place the generated POI for admin_level=10 boundaries,
but I see one potential problem here:
The node might also be used by different relations, and in that case
we will produce different POI at the same location.
I think this is something we want to avoid.

One more point I am not sure about:
The node in the mp-relation is only used when both the relation and the node have a name tag
(or whatever the name-tag-list tells mkgmap to use as name),
and when these are equal.
Do you see a case where we should use the node even if one of the name tags is missing?