logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Duplicate cities

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu May 21 08:54:39 BST 2015

Hi Andrzej,

>  > When you use --add-pois-to-areas mkgmap will generate
>  > a POI based on the existing data, and this POI will have the
>  > tag place=city (for the example), so for each tile we calculate
>  > different coordinates for the city POI.
>
> Not only cites but all polygons can get duplicate POIs. Probably cities
> are worst, because they are easily accessible with search function.

yes, and they are typically so large that different POI are far from
each other.

>  > You can solve this particular problem by telling splitter to keep
>  > all administrative boundaries complete, but that will produce
>  > a lot more data in each tile:
>  > --boundary-tags=administrative
>
> Looks like the easiest solution, so maybe we can allow for bigger tiles.
> I think you can save complete multipolygons too.

Hmm, splitter keeps most mp-relations complete, we only
exclude some boundary relations. I think this thread shows why:
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/splitter-relations-to-be-checked-with-keep-complete-true-tp5740576p5741061.html

So, question remains:
Should we change something in one of the programs?