logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Request for feature: show wrong roundabouts

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu May 21 07:09:00 BST 2015

Hi Felix,

I guess you mean the "Attention: Tile contains both drive-on-left (2917) and drive-on-right roads (3647)" message.

it was Steve who suggested to "warn loudly" .
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Manage-drive-on-left-drive-on-right-in-resources-LocatorConfig-xml-tp5825418p5825490.html

and at that time we believed that we would change mkgmap  to allow non-rectangular tile boundaries
to fix the problem soon.

I don't mind to change the severity level of the message to WARNING.

Gerd

Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 21:10:59 +0200
From: extremecarver at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Request for feature: show wrong roundabouts

Could this warning be taken out if

"--check-roundabouts"
is not given?

As my maps are not for cars - I don't mind a roundabout being mapped in the wrong direction...

On 4 May 2015 at 16:36, Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Thorsten,

great! So I think I will commit report-driving-side-v1.patch soon.

Attached is a patch that should report a warning in LocatorConfig
when the ISO code is not known and the driving side is requested.

It also adds the evaluation of country-abbr to StyledConverter
so that it is possible to work without bounds.
The test  looks first for the mkgmap:country tag in the road,
if that is not set and --country-abbr is set, that the latter value
is used to request the driving side from LocatorConfig.xml.

Gerd

mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk

Floragasse 9/11
1040 Wien