logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit: r3573: admin_centre-v1.patch: avoid to create duplicate POI

From thundercel at gpsinfo.com.br thundercel at gpsinfo.com.br on Thu May 21 03:16:48 BST 2015

Hi Gerd,

the problem occurs when there is the administrative boundary relation admin_level = 10.

At least in Brazil there is no admin_centre to admin_level 10.

When included in relation to tag place the add-poi-to-area create a POI at the center, which I believe would be desired, however, in many relations of this type, this addition doubles the POI when this already exists in the area.

I'm not a programmer, but I imagine a rule that when in a boundary relation admin_level = 10, do not create a POI in the center where there is a POI with the same name in the area.

Marcio

From: Gerd Petermann
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:53 AM
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit: r3573: admin_centre-v1.patch: avoid to create duplicate POI

Hi Anor,

no, sorry, you probably wanted to point out that mkgmap should treat
this case like a node with admin_centre=*.

I see that this is only a proposal:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Label
and it seems not widely used.

Any comments from others?

From: gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 15:44:29 +0200

Hi Anor,

interesting, I've just posted a possible explanation for this.
Please check if the boundary below is divided as described here:
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Duplicate-cities-tp5845284.html