logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Request for feature: show wrong roundabouts

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed May 20 20:10:59 BST 2015

Could this warning be taken out if

"--check-roundabouts"
is not given?

As my maps are not for cars - I don't mind a roundabout being mapped in the
wrong direction...

On 4 May 2015 at 16:36, Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> great! So I think I will commit report-driving-side-v1.patch soon.
>
> Attached is a patch that should report a warning in LocatorConfig
> when the ISO code is not known and the driving side is requested.
>
> It also adds the evaluation of country-abbr to StyledConverter
> so that it is possible to work without bounds.
> The test  looks first for the mkgmap:country tag in the road,
> if that is not set and --country-abbr is set, that the latter value
> is used to request the driving side from LocatorConfig.xml.
>
> Gerd
>
> > Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 16:25:35 +0200
> > From: kukuk at suse.de
> > To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
> > Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Request for feature: show wrong roundabouts
> >

> > Hi Gerd,
> >
> > On Mon, May 04, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> >
> > > attached is a first patch for StyledConverter.
> > > I can imagine that the problem is caused by ferry connecting
> > > a drive-on-left and a drive-on-right country,
> > > so I decided to remove them from the counting.
> >
> > Thanks, works. For my now tested cases it really seems to be
> > caused by ferry connections, I don't get a SEVERE message anymore.
> >
> > Thorsten
> >
> > --
> > Thorsten Kukuk, Senior Architect SLES & Common Code Base
> > SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
> > GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
> Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Floragasse 9/11
1040 Wien
Austria - Österreich