logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] question reg. exits

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Tue May 19 15:36:55 BST 2015

That's very interesting. I didn't know about the exit:to tag and apparently
nobody else does either because taginfo shows zero occurrences of it.

Taginfo also shows 381 uses of exit_to:left and 334 uses of exit_to:right
so perhaps that's something to look at also.

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 1:43 AM, Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 19, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just noticed that mkgmap treats POI with
> >  0x2000 <= type < 0x2800
> > special.
> > It looks for the tags
> > exit:to=*  and exit:facility=* to add extra information to
> > the POI.
> > This info is shown when you click on an exit in Basecamp,
> > it shows the fields Name, Description, and Overnight Parking.
> >
> > The source was added with r984 in 2009 and it seems nobody noticed that
> > these tags don't exist in OSM anymore (or maybe they were typos)?
> >
> > Or maybe that were meant to be set in the style?
>
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q1/001287.html
>
> exit:facility needs to be set by the style, exit:to looks like
> a proposed OSM tag never introduced.
> But I admit that I don't really understand the examples in that mail...
>
>   Thorsten
>
> --
> Thorsten Kukuk, Senior Architect SLES & Common Code Base
> SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
> GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB
> 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand