logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] housenumber2 branch

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue May 12 14:43:51 BST 2015

Hi Thorsten,

thanks for the feedback.
I am unhappy with the results in Berlin. I see a lot of cases where
addresses are found in parks or somewhere else where I
would not want to find it, e.g. Albrechtstraße (way 151353906),
house number 46,.
On the other hand, I still see cases where some addresses are not
found at the service road, e.g. "An den Klostergärten 3"
node 336366157 is located at way 29468655, also other numbers don't work
well for this road.
I am not sure if the style author can handle these cases by adding
mkgmap:numbers=false to the roads.

Whenever I change the java code to fix such a case I see new
problems at other places, so I think there must be something wrong
with my approach, and I don't want to have a complex solution
that produces unpredictable results.
Biggest problem is to separate roads which can be seen as service
roads from those which are just close to the building.
(not all of the good ones have the tag highway=service)

Gerd