logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fw: Help

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Mon May 4 07:46:15 BST 2015

On Mon, May 04, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> thanks for the feedback. What do you think about my proposed
> solution?

I like the idea. But I'm currently still thinking, if this really
works.
For something like "place=city", the place tag and the name are the
most important thing mostly used. But what about population? What
to do if only one of the "two" POI has full informations?

Even more complicated would be something like amenity=restaurant, if
somebody adds a POI and adds all tags to the building, too (I think
this is bad tagging and the POI should be removed from the OSM data,
but that's another problem.
When are this two POIs really the same? And what if the tags sligthly
differ?

  Thorsten