logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fw: Help

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Mon May 4 06:48:21 BST 2015

Hi,

On Mon, May 04, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> I am not sure if the OSM data is okay, but I think we probably have
> more sure cases. Did anybody try to solve that already?
> Do you see a general rule which might be implemented
> as filter before or after style processing?

The OSM data is okay, it is defined this way in the wiki. I have no
solution for the city part, but I use for example:

place=country & mkgmap:area2poi!=true [0x1500 level 5-7]

But I only do that for POIs, where I know that you will have duplicates
or where I don't care if one is missing.
But for cities, this is not the case, since some have only a place key,
otheres none (only boundary), and others both. But I don't want missing
cities in the index, so I accept sometimes two.

  Thorsten

> My 1st approach would be this:
> After style processing, keep a map that relates the Garmin POI with
> the original node, one map for each type. If two or more POI have the same
> type and label(s), remove those where the OSM element has the
> mkgmap:area2poi=true tag (maybe also the ones with
> mkgmap:line2poi=true.
>
> Gerd
>
> > From: thundercel at gpsinfo.com.br
> > To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
> > Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 17:10:57 -0300
> > Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Fw:  Help
> >
> > Hi Gerd.
> >
> > thanks for your quick response and congratulations to the whole team for the
> > excellent work developed.
> > Yes, it's POI generated by the add-as-to-area option and only when the
> > boundary relationship. For the other areas we are not having problem.
> > It is a filter we need and we do not know how to do and where to apply.
> > A filter that only remove the label place when inserted into the boundary
> > relationship. The filter would not need to collect all the POI. Would
> > collect only those generated by the boundary area due to add-to-area option.
> > We have a rule for admin_centre and these were included in the relationship,
> > but unfortunately many admin_centre were excluded relationships.
> > Could you help us?
> > [] s
> > Marcio

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)