logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fw: Help

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 4 06:19:45 BST 2015

Hi all,

I got some screenshots from Anor.Carlos that show this relation:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/333659
which has name=Barra do Garças and place=town.

If I got that right, the --add-pois-to-area option
creates a node with the tag place=town
for it, although the relation also has a member
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/415522222
with place=town and name=Barra do Garças

As a result, the map contains two POI with very different locations,
one has the additional tag mkgmap:area2poi=true,
but that doesn't help in the style rules to filter duplicate
entry because one doesn't know about the node
415522222.

I am not sure if the OSM data is okay, but I think we probably have
more sure cases. Did anybody try to solve that already?
Do you see a general rule which might be implemented
as filter before or after style processing?

My 1st approach would be this:
After style processing, keep a map that relates the Garmin POI with
the original node, one map for each type. If two or more POI have the same
type and label(s), remove those where the OSM element has the
mkgmap:area2poi=true tag (maybe also the ones with
mkgmap:line2poi=true.

Gerd