logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Options

From Anna Leuchter aleuche at web.de on Tue Apr 28 13:06:21 BST 2015

Hello Gerd,
sorry for the delay.

"better than nothing" simply means that this is actually the only possibility, to create Points along a way to mark a hiking trail based on relations.
In fact this is not really satiesfying but it is actually the only way. That's the reason why i said "better than nothing".

OSMCOMPOSER-Software which is a type of frontend to mkgamp has a builtin preprocessor, which is able to create points along way relation.
Here you have the possibilty to configure which relations you wanna use e.g hiking|cycling|MTB and the minimum lenght, of way beeing part or a relation to get a poi.
If there are multiple routes, the pois will be distributed, to fit in a way that they are all visible.
Ok, it's clear, depending on length and amount of pois, they will overlap.

regards
Gert