logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Adress in a part of a town

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri Apr 24 22:48:29 BST 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 24, arndt wrote:

> Hi @all,
> is it possible to find a adress enter a part of a town?
> For example: i search kölner street in Remscheid Lennep. Lennep is a part of Remscheid.
> When i enter Lennep in the adress box there is no result.
> When i enter Remscheid the adress will be found.
>
> http://spike-01.osm.ichosted.org.uk/node/58639041

As you can see from the data and wikipedia: the city name is Remscheid
and nothing else. Thus every address has Remscheid has city name.

In theory you could modify the rules for mkgmap:city in your own style,
so that Lennep is used as city and not Remscheid (which means, you could
only search for Lennep and will not find it anymore in Remscheid).
But in this case it's not possible, since there are no
admin boundaries for Lennep (I think in this case it would be
admin_level 9-11).

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)