logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] MapFailedException when parsing a commented line in text TYP file

From Paco Tyson paco.tyson at free.fr on Sun Apr 19 22:51:18 BST 2015

Hi all,

I've stumbled upon a MapFailedException when compiling a text TYP file.
I use TYPViewer to create TYP files and I chose to create an empty icon to a POI. This leads to the following error :

Severe (MapFailedException): /path/to/typfile.txt: (thrown in TypCompiler.makeMap()) Compiling TYP txt file: Error: (/path/to/typfile.txt:3454): Expecting ", instead saw ;

Typ file extract :
[_point]
Type=0x00b
SubType=0x00
ExtendedLabels=Y
FontStyle=SmallFont
CustomColor=No
DayXpm="1 1 0 1"   Colormode=16
;Couleurs 24 bits : pas de palette		<- line 3454
"#D4D0C8"
"#D4D0C8"
;1
[end]

If I delete the faulty line, mkgmap compiles the TYP file successfully.

In this format, a line starting with ;  is a comment. Shouldn't any comment be ignored by the parsing algorithm ?

Paco