logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search and case significance of street name

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Sun Apr 19 00:25:08 BST 2015

On Sat, Apr 18, Andrzej Popowski wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> > But what is the original spelling?
>
> Original is the spelling form source data.
>
> What I mean: errors can be introduced by OSM mappers or by program
> that process data. Good program shouldn't add errors. If we can't
> verify spelling, then we should display original string from source
> data.

Exactly that was the question: what is the source data?
For a highway, you have a name and a route=street with a name.
According to the wiki, both are correct names for the same street.
But what if they differ?

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)