logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] inc/address and --housenumbers

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Wed Apr 15 13:07:55 BST 2015

Hi Gerd,

 > 2) A road may be the border or very close to the border of a city.
 > Houses on the left side are in city A, houses on the other side are
 > in city B. I think in this case we should add the road twice to the
 > map so that address search works.

A road at the border of 2 cities can have 2 different addresses,
including road name, zip code, city and region. Maybe country too? I
don't think that duplicating road object is a right solution. Road name
can be added as a second label, I hope that other data can have multiple
values too.

Cgpsmapper allows for 2 addresses for a road, it probably doesn't
duplicate road line, but I haven't checked.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej