logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] inc/address and --housenumbers

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 15 11:48:44 BST 2015

Hi all,

I've just noted that the solution with
addr:housenumber=* {set mkgmap:execute_finalize_rules=true}
doesn't work for polygons because the polygons rules
don't contain inc/address in the finalize section.
This makes sense because the img format
doesn't allow to store address info for polygons.

On the other hand, this also means that it doesn't
work when we add
include 'inc/address';
to lines because the rules in lines
are not evaluated for polygons.

I think we should not add
include 'inc/address';
at the beginning of polygons AND lines,
because that would mean that we evaluate them
twice for normal ways.

So, I think this is the best compromise:
1) Keep
include 'inc/address';
in the finalize section of lines and points
2) add it to the finalize section of polygons (with a comment that explains why)
and
3) add
addr:housenumber=* {set mkgmap:execute_finalize_rules=true}
to the three files points, lines, and polygons.

Gerd