logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] inc/address and --housenumbers

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 15 10:21:55 BST 2015

Hi Thorsten,

reg. mkgmap:street:
The default style has this rule almost at the beginning:
highway=* & name=* { set mkgmap:street='${name}' },
so there is no problem for address search here.

I agree that your solution is also simple enough,
but there should be no need to use inc/address in the relations rule.

I don't know why inc/address was moved to the finalize rules,
so I did not dare to change that. If the reason is performance
we can ignore that , the evaluation of the rules in inc/address
is very fast as they do not contain any regular expressions.

BTW: with r3537 I've implemented the tag
mkgmap:execute_finalize_rules=true
(true, not 1 )
and I found no change in the throughput
after adding
addr:housenumber=* {set mkgmap:execute_finalize_rules=true}
to the beginning of points and lines.

I am now working on an algo that uses the mkgmap:city info.

Gerd