logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r3535 with improved addr:place support

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 14 15:06:34 BST 2015

Hi all,

thought again about my strategy and found a few problems with r3535:
1) If some houses near a given road have the addr:place tag and others
have not, the latter may be ignored.
2) the heuristics is not prepared for the case that a tile might
contains data for two different hamlets with the same name,
e.g. in Germany we have ~ 50 different Holzhausen.

Besides that the current code is much too complex. I am  now trying to
fix these problems.

Gerd

From: gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 19:51:58 +0200
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] r3535 with improved addr:place support

Hi all,

I think addr:place is now also working well, so please test it.
See also the description of changes in the svn log:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=3535

If you think that numbers with
addr:housenumber=* & addr:street=* & addr:place=*
should not be treated as described, feel free to delete the addr:place tag.

I still don't fully understand the special cases in CZ,
the page
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cs:WikiProject_Czech_Republic/Address_system?setlang=de

is not available in english and the Google Translator doesn't help me much,
so experts for this area: Please double check.