logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in created maps?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 14 08:04:21 BST 2015

Hi Helge,

sounds like a special case in the OSM data which was introduced in April (or end of March).
If you want to find out more, please check the log. Enable logging with a command like this:

java -ea -Dlog.config=logging.properties mkgmap.jar ...

See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/dev#Enabling_Debugging
for more details
If you use your own style files, please try what happens with the default style.
If you can find a clue, please post a link to the input file(s) for mkgmap
and the options / script that you use and describe the route that doesn't
work (start/end point, routing preferences (car,bicycle, shorter/faster etc).

Gerd

From: helge at helge.net
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 23:10:02 +0200
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] Bug in created maps?

Hi
Over the last few days I have experienced a problem that I have not seen before. My Garmin GPS have severe issues routing me to/from my home. Basically the GPS makes big jumps from something that I can’t see as anyting on OSM before it merges with an existing road.
Have a look at these images: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk6DUitu

This started sometimes after April 2nd and happens for all maps I create. I have not changed anything to make the problem start but I have tried to upgrade mkgmap to the latest version to see if that solved the issue.
I have verified this issue on two Garmin GPS’es; Nüvi 3597 and GPSMAP60CSx. This problem is often near my home (https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3124665591) but if I drive around other parts of the city it seems to work fine.
I am not sure if this is an issue with mkgmap or if it is an issue with the underlaying data - but I can’t figure out where to look for any solution.
Can anyone please advice me?… Helge