logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Apr 9 07:36:40 BST 2015

On Thu, Apr 09, Andrzej Popowski wrote:

> > Although the wiki says that either addr:place or addr:street should
> > be used I see many nodes with both.
>
> IMHO use addr:street and ignore addr:place. Most probably addr:place
> is incorrectly set instead of addr:city, which you get from other
> data anyway.

I think this is a problem of some editors, which asks for all of this
keys, and people think they need to fill out every field.

If we have addr:place and addr:street, I would ignore addr:place, too.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)