logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 8 18:56:38 BST 2015

Hi Andrzej,

I see that this works, but I think we cannot use it as a general solution.
It doesn't require much code to generate the pseudo roads,
so maybe it is something for a special option.

One open problem:
Although the wiki says that either addr:place or addr:street should
be used I see many nodes with both.
I see two solutions:
1) If both are given, ignore the address (as we do now if none is given)
2) Use addr:place for address search and use the addr:street info
to make sure that the house is attached to the corresponding street.

I prefer 2)
BTW: It would also be easy now to handle the addresses that have only
addr:housenumber set. WanMil said we should not do that,
but I see no good reason to ignore information when it is
easy to use.

Gerd

Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 13:03:18 +0200
From: popej at poczta.onet.pl
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

Hi Gerd,

 > If you have to buildings on the same side of the road
 > so that distance between the houses is smaller than
 > the distance to the road, MapSource will select the pseudo
 > road.

I confirm, this doesn't work in Mapsource. Probably there is some
influence of NET on routing. Isn't it NET, where information about
crossroads is held?

I have prepared a mapset, where address points are placed in separate,
transparent img. Now routing works, not only in the case you have
described but for points in greater distance from roads too. Please try
attached map, you can simply overwrite previous files.

Try a route like: Point One 2 - Point Four 4 - Point Two 3.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej