logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 7 19:05:12 BST 2015

Hi Andrzej,

I don't know how to use the files in MapSource without an installer.
Tried to modify an existing nsi file, but that doesn't work :(

Gerd

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 19:38:24 +0200
From: popej at poczta.onet.pl
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

Hi Gerd,

problem is interesting, I gladly investigate.

I can confirm, that there is maximum distance off road, where Mapsource
still finds routing on road. Could be like 100-150m.

I have created a single example of map with point addressing. It consist
of 2 routable roads and 4 non-routable roads for addresses. Address
search works.

You can get a proper route between points 1-3, but point 4 is too far
and Mapsource uses straight line to it.

You can decompile map with GPSMapEdit and check, which roads are routable,

Attached archive contains mapset for Mapsource.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej