logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Tue Apr 7 11:50:14 BST 2015

On Tue, Apr 07, Andrzej Popowski wrote:

> Hi Gerd,
>
> > I think this is plausible, the routing algo searches for the closest
> > road and tries to build a route to the other house, but that fails
> > because it finds the pseudo roads which are not routable (2 and 3) or
> > not connected to the road network (4).
>
> This is not how Mapsource usually behave.

I don't know about Mapsource, but this is how the Garmin GPSMap 62s
behaves. It is looking for the nearest "road", whatever this is, and tries
to route from that. If this "nearest road" is not connected, you will get
a routing error.
Your example with two points only works, if the closest road is routeable
and connected.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)