logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 7 08:30:20 BST 2015

Hi Andrzej,

I've tested different versions:
1) routable map created with r3521
2) routable map with additional zero-lentgh roads for each addr:place house number,
roads NOT added to NOD
3) routable map with additional short roads for each addr:place house number,
roads NOT added to NOD
4)routable map with additional short roads for each addr:place house number,
roads ARE added to NOD

My findings:
routing works in all cases as long as I select points on the normal roads or
close to them.
Routing doesn't work (straight magenta line) when I select points which
are closer to the pseudo-roads than to any normal road (versions 2-4),

I think this is plausible, the routing algo searches for the closest road
and tries to build a route to the other house, but that fails because it
finds the pseudo roads which are not routable (2 and 3) or not connected
to the road network (4).

Gerd

From: gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 07:29:26 +0200
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

Hi Andrzej,

okay, I'll try again. I used a zero-length road because without a TYP
file you will see short lines when I use e.g. 10m (using type 0x13,
I am not aware of a type that is not rendered by default.
But maybe the problem is not the length but an error in the img
file.
If I got you right, you are able to manipulate a routable map.
Can you post links to the original one and the manipulated one?

Gerd