logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Sat Apr 4 16:45:05 BST 2015

Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> writes:

> I've coded the following simple approach:
>  For each element (node/way) with addr:housenumber=* and addr:place=* and addr:street!=*
> search the nearest routable way that has no name (mkgmap:street!=*)
> If the closest road is within a given range (150m), store the place name as a possible road
> name. Perform a 2nd search to find also the closest road with a name or ref.
> If we find exactly one possible name for the road, use it.

I really don't understand what's going on here, but this strikes me as
strange; an address node with housenumber and place isn't about a
street.  Is the problem that in the Garmin format that the only way to
represent an address is via a road?  I wonder if there's a way to have
short non-rendered non-routable segments of roads to hang the addresses
on.