logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter - missing area, trim not working

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Wed Apr 1 18:21:57 BST 2015

El 01/04/15 a las 18:54, Gerd Petermann escribió:
> Hi Andrzej,
>
> I think the problem is that contour data data contains large
> empty areas on sea.
> I see two solutions:
> Calculate the split file for the normal OSM data and use
> that also for the contour data, or
> use a higher maxnodes value for the contour data.
>
> Gerd
>

> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 18:04:53 +0200
> From: popej at poczta.onet.pl
> To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
> Subject: [mkgmap-dev] Splitter - missing area, trim not working
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create contour map of Europe. I have created a rectangle
> area with contours using phyghtmap and then clipped it to europe.poly
> using osmosis.
>
> I'm working with splitter 421. My first split of data went wrong, some
> parts of north Scandinavia was missing. After some trying, I have found
> that adding option --polygon-file=europe.poly helps and map contains all
> data. But at the same time trimming of tiles stopped working and I'm
> getting some big empty tiles.
>
> I have attached a picture, showing all examples of splits. You can see,
> that without bounding polygon trim works but some data is missing. And
> with polygon trim doesn't work.
>
> My map will be transparent, without background polygon. I prefer to get
> tile area covering only existing data, which require trim to work. And I
> don't like empty tiles.
>
> I'm not sure what could help to debug this problem. Source data is about
> 1.3GB, I can upload it.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej

Why don't you pass europe.poly directly to phyghtmap? That way you will
save osmosis step and also downloading and processing a lot of hgt data
that will later discarde. I'm away from home and can't read my contours
script now, but I'm sure about this step.