logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:interpolation ways not along road

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Tue Mar 24 07:35:22 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 23, GerdP wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if mkgmap should treat this a valid addr:interpolation way:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/32922365
>
> The wiki says:
> "How to interpolate the house numbers belonging to the way along the
> respective street."
>
> but this way connects house numbers which are up to 170 m away from the road
> named Bergweg, so I think it is not "along" the respective street.

The addr:interpolation way is valid in the regard that it matches reality.
If this is good tagging is another question.

And if the street really stops that early: I don't know, the
pictures of bing and google are not good enough for this.

But I know that this will not really help you.

Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)