logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why is there a code-page in the .typ-file? And - is there a code-page a gmapsupp.img?

From paco.tyson at free.fr paco.tyson at free.fr on Fri Mar 20 15:29:21 GMT 2015

Hi everyone,

I can't compile a text TYP file saved in UTF-8 format. I found no information in the mkgmap help regarding the file format. From this message, I understand that mkgmap should be able to compile a unicode text TYP file but mkgmap crashes. I've been using this file in CP1252 successfully before.

I converted it in a text editor (UTF-8 with BOM), set the code page to "CodePage=65001".
This is the error I get :
java -Xmx1G -jar ..\bin\mkgmap-r3498\mkgmap.jar typfile.txt
Time started: Fri Mar 20 16:00:59 CET 2015
java.nio.charset.UnsupportedCharsetException: cp65001
        at java.nio.charset.Charset.forName(Unknown Source)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.TypCompiler$CharsetProbe.setCodePage(TypCompiler.java:210)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.TypCompiler$CharsetProbe.tryCharset(TypCompiler.java:250)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.TypCompiler$CharsetProbe.probeCharset(TypCompiler.java:217)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.TypCompiler$CharsetProbe.access$000(TypCompiler.java:200)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.TypCompiler.makeMap(TypCompiler.java:67)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main$1.call(Main.java:253)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main$1.call(Main.java:249)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exiting - if you want to carry on regardless, use the --keep-going option
Number of ExitExceptions: 1
Time finished: Fri Mar 20 16:00:59 CET 2015
Total time taken: 203ms

Am I missing something or is this an mkgmap bug ?

--
Paco