logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Testing for a literal question mark

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Thu Mar 19 02:54:30 GMT 2015

That did the trick. Here's my simplified version:

(place=village | place=hamlet) & name~'.*[?].*' {delete name}

I'm pretty sure I tried putting the question mark inside brackets but it
didn't work. Maybe the enclosing quotes make a difference? At any rate,
it's working now.

Thank you and best regards,

Dave

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 4:16 AM, Walter Schlögl <
Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at> wrote:

>   I am checking, if names only include ? and delete it with this rule
>
> name~'^(?=\s*\?)[?\s]+$'            { delete name }
>
> Maybe it’s helpfull even if you are looking for a different solution.
>
> Walter

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand