logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Testing for a literal question mark

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Wed Mar 18 15:53:14 GMT 2015

Hi Dave, I have a rule based on the following that includes a test for a question mark, and it seems to work fine:

alt_name~'.*[!"$%\^&*_+=\[\]{}:;@~#<>,?/|\\].*' {echotags "Road with invalid character in alt_name"; delete alt_name}

So I expect you should be able to put ~’.*[?].*’ as the test if the question mark is not accepted outside the square brackets.

Regards,
Mike

From: Dave Swarthout [mailto:daveswarthout at gmail.com]
Sent: 18 March 2015 14:28
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] Testing for a literal question mark

How would I write a regex style rule that fires when it encounters a question mark in a name?

There is a group of local mappers that have used an invented name of "Ban ?" for towns they do not know the name of. I want to set the name to something more meaningful but I can't seem to discover a way to escape the ? without crashing mkgmap.

--
Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska