logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] FW: --make-opposite-cycleways option

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Sat Mar 7 13:07:47 GMT 2015

Hi Gerd, I suggest it might be more useful to make it a more general purpose
option for affecting the order of precedence used with the continue
statement, something like mkgmap:precedence=<integer> where negative number
are added before positive ones and the default precedence is 0. This would
allow you to specify a road, bridge and cycleway on the same highway segment
and specify what order they should be created in. Alternatively, the
precedence could be specified as part of the continue statement e.g [0x10
road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 24 continue precedence=1] would mean
create after all the matches have been completed

Regards,
Mike
From: Gerd Petermann [mailto:gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com]
Sent: 07 March 2015 09:12
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] FW: --make-opposite-cycleways option

Hi all,

sorry, I hit the send button by mistake.
Did anybody think about this proposal?
2) Maybe we can replace the  --make-opposite-cycleways option by
a new special tag like mkgmap:add_cycleway=[before|after] ?

The idea is to change the code in mkgmap so that it doesn't create a copy
of the way BEFORE style processing, instead it checks if this tag occurs and
adds a copy with bicycle-only and "oneway=no" after style processing.
The tag value before / after tells mkgmap if the cycleway should be added
before
or after the "normal" way.
I see only one theoretical problem: if the style adds the same OSM way two
or more times
with this tag, should we also add multiple cycleways? And where exactly?
I think we would have to ignore all sub sequent ways.

Gerd

  _____

Hi Mike,

I think a possible problem with your patch is that you always add the cycle
way
with type 0x10, without further checking the attributes of the highway.

The -make-opposite-cycleways option would add the cycle way with the same
type
as that for the car.

Gerd
  _____