logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] open issues in the housenumber2 branch

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sun Mar 1 16:08:10 GMT 2015

Hi Gerd,

 > The question is if the users prefers to see that we are guessing
 > or not.

I think that general rule should be to create maps faithful to input
data. But in this case I'm not against relaxing the rule, if this
simplify map a bit.

 > Is is possible to have roads in NET and index etc. without
 > referencing them in NOD?

It works in practice. You can strip NOD from img and map remains
functional with working address search. Only routing disappears. I don't
know details of NOD structure and I'm not sure about hybrid map, where
only selected roads are referenced in NOD, but I guess it could work too.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej