logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] open issues in the housenumber2 branch

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sun Mar 1 12:36:53 GMT 2015

Hi Gerd,

 > How should we handle "missing" information?

You can't guess if there is no house with missing number or there is one
but not mapped in OSM data. So none solution would cover all cases. I
would take the solution, which looks better in your code ;)

What do you think about implementing precise address search in mkgmap?

I mean: change each address point into a short line (like 10m) of
predefined type and give a single house number to this line. There could
be some more complex cases, like house number "3/5" which can be
supported too.

The line for address doesn't need to contain routing data in NOD, only
house number in NET.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej