logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] FW: AW: RE: computing power mdx/mdr

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 26 11:41:22 GMT 2015

Hi Steve,

your patch (which BTW contains a lot of experimental code) tries to avoid
the additional memory for the MultiSortKey. That is probably also a good
idea in case the compareTo() routines can handle
different types properly.

My idea was to optimize the cases where partial name and name are different.
If I got it right, we use this to handle the highway shields.
I wonder if it would be enough to move the byte(s) for the highway shield
to the end of the name that is used for sorting?

Gerd

Steve Ratcliffe wrote