logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Oneway

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Feb 22 13:47:43 GMT 2015

Hi Dave,

yes, I think you got it. One special case:
mkgmap reverses the order of the points
for a routable way with oneway=-1 tag .

Gerd

From: daveswarthout at gmail.com
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 20:19:46 +0700
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Oneway

No, everything is working as it should. I merely wanted to better understand how decisions are made about displaying the arrows in the correct direction. It is not obvious from reading TYP files or style directives how this is done. So if I reword my question again, let's say you have a dual carriageway. Both lanes have the same oneway=yes tag and both use the same TYP code. Yet one lane displays the arrows pointing left to right, while the other lane has them pointing right to left. Either the Garmin unit or mkgmap has to decide how to draw those arrows.
>From what you are saying, I'm assuming it's the direction the way was drawn that determines the directionality of those arrows. And furthermore, it is the Garmin software (and Basecamp) that actually makes the decision based on information in the IMG file. Is that correct?
Thanks for taking the time to answer....

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Garmin format as used in img allows only for equivalent of oneway=1. Mkgmap have to reverse line direction in case of oneway=-1. So you need only one pattern in TYP file, with arrows pointing form left to right. Actually it means arrows pointing from start of a line towards its end.

I'm trying to guess what is your real question. Do you get arrows pointing in wrong direction?

--

Best regards,

Andrzej

mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk