logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map in gmapsupp.img?

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Fri Feb 20 22:08:59 GMT 2015

Hi,

On 02/20/2015 09:58 PM, Andrzej Popowski wrote:

> You probably have deleted or disabled in menu Garmin basemap.

Interesting.

Yes, the basemap was disabled.

With a gmapsupp.img including an overview map:

- No matter wether I enable or disable the basemap, I always see my map
on all zoom levels as long as the gps cursor is inside my map area.

- Depending on the zoom level I see my overview map or my detailed map
tiles.

- With the cursor outside the map area I see the basemap in all zoom levels.

With a gmapsupp.img without an overview map:

- When I enable the basemap I see my map in zoom levels 8km and below.
>From 12 km and above I see the basemap.

- When I disable the basemap I see my detailed map tiles in zoom levels
120km and below. It shows way too much detail and it takes very long to
draw the map.

- With the cursor outside the map area I see the basemap in all zoom levels.

Having an overview map in the gmapsupp.img seems to override the basemap.