logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map in gmapsupp.img?

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Fri Feb 20 20:11:40 GMT 2015

On 02/20/2015 08:30 PM, Ralf Kleineisel wrote:
> On 02/20/2015 07:50 PM, GerdP wrote:
>
>> my understanding is that no device supports the overview map.
>> It is only used on the PC. Why would you want to have it in the gmapsupp?
>
> I am currently preparing a new update to my topo map of Germany.

I compared two gmapsupp.imgs made with exactly the same tiles now, only
difference is the overview map.

I could not reproduce the effect of "no map", probably the maps I tested
earlier were not identical.

But the overview map does make a huge difference in my eTrex:

Zooming from 30km to 50km takes 95 seconds without an overview map and 6
seconds with one. Much less detail shows up with an overview map,
without overview map the details shown does not match my style files.