logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Firmware V4.00 on new Marine Devices

From RheinSkipper rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de on Fri Feb 20 11:40:57 GMT 2015

> Would be interesting to know which maps works. But I rather don't expect
> Achim to flash back buggy firmware, which is ok for me. The most important
> is that free maps work again. Thanks for investigating the problem.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej

Meanwhile Achim flashed 4.00 on his Echomap again and tried all the test
maps.

None of the test maps worked:
- the map made with cGPSmapper
- Steve´s test map
- the map I made with the mkgmap-r3316 distribution using my style and
options
- the map I made with the mkgmap-r3316 distribution using default style and
options (only marine patch applied)

Yes, it would have been interesting to know why this old map (made using
r3316 in 2014) worked but all the others don´t. But I stop investigating
here as the problem can be solved by updating the device from 3.40 to 4.20
directly.

Regards,
Jürgen