logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mixed index branch merge

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Mon Feb 16 21:07:47 GMT 2015

Am 16.02.2015 um 14:05 schrieb Gerd Petermann:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I fear I don't understand what problem you see
> with roads like 'The Avenue'
> My understanding is that we put the full name into the
> index, so the road can be found. On the other hand,
> nobody would expect to find this road by typing
> just avenue, right?

I don't think so.

Think about The Avenue and Greenwich Avenue. The first one I would
expect to find by Avenue, the second one not. But I think there could be
hard stop-words and soft ones. So first the hard once like "The" or
"Straße" will be removed. Soft stop words will be only removed if there
are other parts in the name.

Another possibility could also be a white list for such combinations.

Henning