logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Firmware V4.00 on new Marine Devices

From RheinSkipper rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de on Tue Feb 10 11:29:51 GMT 2015

> see this post:
> http://www.boote-forum.de/showpost.php?p=3760543&postcount=42
>
> It seems that version 4.0 of firmware was affected and bug remains after
> upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2. But when upgrading form 3.40 to 4.20 directly,
OSM
> maps work correctly.

That post is from the guy who does the testing of our maps on his Echomap.
Unfortunately he is ill at the moment and cannot go to his office where he
has his device for testing. So our latest test maps could not be tried out.

He got some information from Garmin. They say the problem is a firmware bug
and they are working to eliminate it completely in a future release. Until
then downgrading to 3.40 and upgrading directly to 4.20 seems to be the
solution.

We will never know if this was really a bug. Perhaps they wanted to lock
third party maps but changed their policy after a shit storm was starting.

Anyway I think there is no need for us to further investigate. Thanks a lot
to all of you who helped on this problem.

Regards
Jürgen