logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to add millions of addresses to your garmin maps of France

From Stéphane MARTIN st3ph.martin at laposte.net on Wed Feb 4 17:54:19 GMT 2015

Hi !

Point 1)
A problem with Nominatim, probably :
This building in the OSMdb only has a number (3) and no street address !
And the address should be : « 3 Lotissement Bellony »

Point 2)
I think this is an « error » too !
The address should be : « 3 Lotissement Néron »
No address tag at all in OSM.

After all mkgmap is not so bad while showing the beginning of the street !

Points 1 & 2 come from missing informations (address tags) and|or bad
tagging (« Lotissement xxx » in place=locality instead of name on
highway) in the OSMdb.

Steph