logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Lines distorted

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Fri Jan 30 00:14:07 GMT 2015

I want to continue Enrico's questioning a bit. I have a similar issue with
the way polygons display on my Garmin device. What appears as a smooth
curve on the OSM slippy map are very blocky on the device. I have played
with the reduce-point-density=4 and reduce-point-density-polygon=8
parameters in an attempt to smooth those curves but they seem to have no
effect. I can live with the distortion but I wonder, what do these two
parameters actually control?

Cheers,
Dave

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 12:22 AM, Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:

> Hi Enrico,
>
> Garmin maps have limited resolution, about 2.4m. One can't draw precisely
> a line, which length is near to this resolution.
>
> You can try to assign the same Garmin object type to all these segments,
> then probably mkgmap will be able to merge them and smooth.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej

Dave Swarthout