logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Support place polygons in preprocessed bounds

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 26 14:03:52 GMT 2015

Hi Maxim,

thanks for the patch. I was a bit surprised to notice that the
output produced by the patched version is still usable by the
trunk version.
I did not see any change to handle e.g. overlapping
place polygons.
Do you plan to change the utility programs
like BoundaryFile2Gpx, BoundaryCoverageUtil, and BoundaryDiff
so that one can verify the results?

Gerd

From: maxc at gmx.de
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:21:07 +0100
Subject: [mkgmap-dev]  Support place polygons in preprocessed bounds

Hello everybody!

I've attached a patch that supports processing of place polygons in precompiled bounds and using of this information in the style file. See my earlier message: http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2015q1/022619.html.

You can use it like following (as example):

# Russia

mkgmap:country=RUS & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level8=* { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level8}' }

mkgmap:country=RUS & mkgmap:city!=* & (mkgmap:place=city | mkgmap:place=town) { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:place_name}' }

mkgmap:country=RUS & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level6=* { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level6}' }

To get this working, you have to create your own set of precompiled bounds with additional rule "type=multipolygon and place= and name=" for osmfilter and a run of BoundaryPreprocessor to set the variables mkgmap:place (attribute 'place' from the multipolygon) and mkgmap:place_name (attribute 'name' from the multipolygon).

Cheers!

Max