logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] echo improvements for elements with fake ids

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Jan 20 22:23:54 GMT 2015

Hi Mike,

that's a good idea to tackle the fake id problem.

I didn't have time to test it but after a short look over the committed
patch I think there are a few things to be improved:

First of all small stylistic things: fields should start with lower case
letters. So OriginalId in Element should be originalId.
It would be good if you add (javadoc) comments to your source code :-)

It seems that the ways created by Multipolygon relations use the
relation id as original id. I am not sure if that's the best choice.
It's not easy to decide which id should be chosen when ways are merged.
When using the relation id it should be clear in the output that this id
is the relation id and not a way id. Otherwise users will search for
completely wrong ways.

WanMil