logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] difference between addlabel and poi-address

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sun Jan 18 16:07:13 GMT 2015

Gerd wrote:
> I see that mkgmap fills the address info, and it also seems to write
> it,
> but MapSource seems to ignore it. I have no experience with this.
> Maybe this happens because of the big number of POIs?

Yes, not all pois are capable of showing address data, please check this extensive spreadsheet from Charlie Ferrero:
http://www.cferrero.net/maps/downloads/garmin_feature_list.xls

His website might be a little out of date but still contains a lot of useful info for garmin map makers:
http://www.cferrero.net/maps/maps_index.html