logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] reference to used code-page

From Walter Schlögl Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at on Wed Jan 14 23:04:16 GMT 2015

Hi,

I know I’m nasty with all my questions...

Is there a way to reference to the used code-page from points file?

The usecase is like that.
Check, if name contains any char that cannot be shown with the selected code-page.
If no, just show the name as it is.
If yes, show the int_name or name:ascii only.

This happens when the code-page is selected according to one specific country,
but other countries on the same map would require different char-sets,
and names are shown as ???? ??????.
(Of course now with transliterated name additionally)

In that case showing the question mark is just not nice and could be avoided.

Walter